Saturday 2 July 2011

First Flight 2.7.11

Today was our first  flight to start off our big trip to England. Our flight was at 3:15pm. We left from Invercargill airport. We flew with Air New Zealand. They are very nice and always very polite. When we first left before we got on the plane we (us kids) had made Dad a card for him. We gave it to him before we got the call to go on the plane. He said that he would sit them by his bed side table so that he could remember them for when he goes to bed. When we were walking to go on the plane I started crying because I was upset because we were leaving Dad for one whole month. He also said that he had given Mum a present for all of us and that she had to give them to us on the plane but we weren't allowed to open them until we had taken off and that we were in the air. When I opened mine I got a book called Diamond Spirit. I also got in the book two photos of Dad and I and also a picture of him Calum, Archie and I. I cried again because I am that sort of person. I also made Mu cry by accdient, I didn't mean to but she just sort of saw me crying and also started crying a wee bit to. I got to sit with Mum on that flight, I also got to sit by the window were as Callum and Archie got to sit together on the other side of the ile. Archie sat by the window for take off and Callum sat by the window for the landing. When we got to the airport it was a smooth landing really. We got inside the airport Mum said that it had changed alot but I didn't realy notice the change because we hadn't been thereb for awhile but oh well. After that we got our laguage and went off to the hotel that we were staying in. We had a bit of trouble fining it but we got there. After we checked in we went down to our room number 819. We found the Humes quite easily and when for a cup of tea in there room. They booked two rooms After that we went down to the main room and ordered some tea. I got the chicken nuggets and chips. I also got a diet coke so did Archie. For desert I had an ice - cream sundae with carmel topping. Archie also had the same as me. Callum had the same but with chocolate topping. Next we went down to our room and got all sorted for bed. I had a shower and got inton my pj's. While is was doing that Mum and the boys watched some tv they watched Back at the Barnyard the movie. Soon we are going to watch the rugby at the bar. Well that is it for now so I will update this tomorrow and tell you about our flight to singapore.

By Katy

1 comment:

  1. Gr8 Blog Katy! Lots of information about the first part of ur trip!

    ReplyDelete